Re: [OM] E-450 and size

Subject: Re: [OM] E-450 and size
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:36:50 -0700
  On 8/28/2010 6:52 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Perhaps a grip strap like this would work
> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/357995-REG/Kalt_NP6779.html>

I would be lost without the grip strap on my 5D. You can get one just like the
one at your link, without the Kalt label,
delivered from China via the Bay for about what B&H charges for shipping.

There are two basic styles of bottom plate attachment. The one shown is iffier
for any sort of tripod attachment, as the
tripod screw goes into the attachment wheel/screw. I've tried both, and prefer
the other style. One may, of course, just
detach it for tripod use. But I often leave the small Velbon QR plate in place
for casual mono/tripod use.

The one I'm using is the nice leather pad from one, the base plate from another
and strap from some third source via my
misc. parts box.

Hand Strapped Moose