Re: [OM] Reply - Re: OM wides (21/2, et al)

Subject: Re: [OM] Reply - Re: OM wides (21/2, et al)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:32:26 -0400
I'll repeat what I said once more.  In reviewing most of Gary's tests
through 135mm I could find no definitive support for improved results
with mirror/aperture pre-fire over OM-1 mirror lockup.  By that I mean
results worse by one full letter grade or more.  If you do find it it's
likely that the test is of a different lens.  In fact most tests are of
different lenses and simply not comparable.

This is tedious stuff and I haven't gone beyond 135mm where I'd expect
to find more vibration related problems.  But up to 135mm I just don't
agree there's a real problem.

Chuck Norcutt