Re: [OM] film, et al

Subject: Re: [OM] film, et al
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:47:14 -0400
This has already started to happen. Pick up the Freestyle catalog someday -
there's tons of small makers making film in there, much of which is unique vs.
Fuji/Kodak.

I wish there were more films still around but Ektar 100 can forgive a lot of
sins on Kodak's part, I think. Not all of them but at least some.

RE: Some other company picking up Kodachrome - I am sure some companies
probably offered to but obviously Kodak wasn't about the sell the secrets for
that. Understandably so, but it's still too bad it's time has apparently run
out. It's also likely the complexity was beyond the capabilities of any of the
small manufacturers.

As long as movies are still shot on film, there will be some hope for new films
for still-camera users, I think.

-Ed

>shooting from the lip here, but I wonder when this happens if small,
micro-film companies will spring up offering really nice boutique
films that in some cases might far surpass what the Biguns produced in
their day.