Re: [OM] Planned Obsolescence

Subject: Re: [OM] Planned Obsolescence
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:07:53 -0500
>I'll add a point of my own.  Film cameras were able to produce better
>results as films improved.  Digital cameras get better as the sensor
>improves.  But that requires buying a new camera, not a new roll of
>film.

I'm going to add one thought here. RAW Converters are improving too.
It's been a tremendous pleasure to go back into my files and reprocess
some of the pictures. Probably the best example of that was when
RawShooter came out and essentially doubled the effective resolution
of the Minolta A1.

A side note... the latest ACR engine now handles the A1 files like
RawShooter did.  Coincidence?

AG