[OM] Planned Obsolescence

Subject: [OM] Planned Obsolescence
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:30:52 -0400
Hmm,
Portra 160 VC--sometimes the blues seem to go nuclear as AG has
commented.  I like the NC for skin tones but unless profiled not so hot
for other uses.  Moose's profile treatment  makes it fine for
macro/landscapes.  Perhaps that is a one film solution.  The Ektar 100
is very very fine grained  and scans very nicely, but too saturated for
good skin tones, IMO,  and can muddy up in the shadows if underexposed
a bit.  Ektar 100 is available in 120 now too.  The 100 UC was good
nough for most uses in my book, but it is largely gone.

A, Wish I didn't just  run out of  Kod UC 100 in the freezer, Mike

NH writes:
I'll also agree with Ken here and say that current films are excellent.
Kodak's entire Portra line, Ektar, Fuji's chromes (especially Provia
400X),
and Fuji 800Z are all great films.  I've been shooting Portra 160VC a
lot
lately, and am very eager to give that a go in 120.