Re: [OM] film, et al

Subject: Re: [OM] film, et al
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:51:21 +1000

> RE: Some other company picking up Kodachrome - I am sure some companies
> probably offered to but obviously Kodak wasn't about the sell the
> secrets for that. Understandably so, but it's still too bad it's time
> has apparently run out. It's also likely the complexity was beyond the
> capabilities of any of the small manufacturers.

Interesting, I know several people who worked for Kodak in Melbourne, Oz,
manufacturing plant.  It seems that one of the technical blokes from the
plant bought up some equipment when the plant closed and is now
manufacturing small quantities of Kodachrome for his personal use.  From
what I've been told he is totally uninterested in making commercial
quantities and selling it.

...Wayne