Re: [OM] Planned Obsolescence

Subject: Re: [OM] Planned Obsolescence
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:04:07 -0500
They all sound like toys.

Bill Pearce

-----Original Message-----
From: C.H.Ling [mailto:ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:46 PM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion

The Nikon is much more productive even without the roll film accessory, it
accept film strap from 2 to 6pcs without the need of a film holder. With
Vuescan's auto scan and auto eject function, I just insert the film strap,
do something else and wait for the film eject then put another one in. This
is very useful when you need to scan  thousands of negatives.

Even the Nikon sounds like a toy (very noisy) when runnning but it is
extremely reliable, my 4000ED has scanned more than 30K negatives/slides
without service required.

I use Nikon film scanner since 1993, color accuracy and speed are the keys
when I select film scanner, Nikon did very well here.

C.H.Ling