Re: [OM] So I finally tried an E-P2...

Subject: Re: [OM] So I finally tried an E-P2...
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:47:22 +0200
I'd like to add some points, as an e-p1 owner some month now.

I'm not sure how a non innovative camera would get so much attention and
sales like the m43 Pens did. I think Olympus streched themselves
considerably for the m43 system, and that the package as a whole should be
considered innovative. The camera delivers, and the lenses are not as bad as
some suggested (in everyday use) (and I say this after evaluating many
holiday pictures of both e-p1 mainly with 14-42 and my e-30 with 11-22).

Your disappointments may come from high expectations, maybe even quite
unrealistic high.

In the few month that the e-p1 is in our house, we (wife, kids and I) took
more pictures then before (and there's no shortage of camera's in this
household). Enjoying the feel and usability of it (It is not painted plastic
I thought, but plastic covered in painted metal for large parts. And that
just feels OK).

In the end, camera's are about making pictures and the e-p* is inviting this
very much. I'm not on a quest for the digital OM replacement (and I think it
wil *never* arrive, but just dream on if you like), so I just enjoy it.

Try enjoying it, it feels really good ;-)

Regards, Frank.

PS Don't get me started on the crazy m43 lens policy (I just can't
understand). Lenses like 14-150 and 75-300, why should they make such big
lenses? I agree with what the 43rumors site guy stated a couple of days
back.

2010/9/2 Dawid Loubser