Re: [OM] Pictures from Brittany

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures from Brittany
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:11:46 +0200
Some French, certainly, as not everyone speaks English.  But Bob lives in
Occupied Canada . . .

Thanks, Bob.  It certainly is a great place to be, and one where we have often
thought of settling.

I took a series of photos at sunrise this morning, on the River Laïta, just
down the river bank from the house we are renting.  The result was one panorama
and one go at HDR (still with the  Hydra watermark as I haven't decided whether
to splash out on the plug-in for Aperture).

http://bit.ly/bXACAG

We are west of most of England, here in Brittany (west of the naval base at
Lorient) but we are still an hour ahead of the UK, on Paris time.  This means
that sunrise is virtually an hour later than it would be in the UK (at about
0734, according to the Ephemeris).

Chris

p.s. I should be happy to receive suggestions on how to improve either the
panorama or the HDR.  cb