[OM] Printing Panoramas, was: Pictures from Brittany

Subject: [OM] Printing Panoramas, was: Pictures from Brittany
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 08:39:46 -0400
Although I have shot lots and lots of panoramas I've only ever printed a
single one <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/chatham/chatham%20panorama.htm>
  I needed to print it since I wanted the print as a gift to the friend
who had invited me to spend the week on Chatham, Cape Cod which is where
this shot was made.  The size is pretty arbitrary at about 7-1/2 x 26".
  It was printed for me by another friend who has a large format Epson
ink jet printer which prints from roll paper.

Since I have many more panos that I'd like to print I've been
considering how I should do this.  Since, except for a few small prints,
I have my prints made commercially I've considered multiple panos on a
single image and then cutting them apart myself.  For example, a 16 x 24
will host two 8 x 24 and a 24 x 36 will host two 12 x 36 or three 8 x
36.  I think 3 times width to height (twice a 35mm frame) is about right
to visually take in the image.  But, of course, using this method you
can make the ratio anything you want.  Using standard sizes, however,
allows you to construct your own custom frame from standard frame pieces.

Anyone else have thoughts about how to handle panos as prints?

Chuck Norcutt