Re: [OM] Father, forgive me...

Subject: Re: [OM] Father, forgive me...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 21:02:50 -0500
> You are forgiven, my son.  Football does that.

Well, don't interpret this as a "dump on Olympus" moment. I'm just
saying that I like that camera a lot. We'll see if Olympus delivers
the goods in the E-5. If so, then fine. If not, well, at least I know
where to go. I've been hired to cover several pro football games this
fall and I'll end up renting some gear because my Olympus stuff is
obviously outclassed. That's a "no duh" statement of the obvious, I
know.

Meanwhile, I shot many hundreds of pictures to get my timing,
positioning and play anticipation figured out. more times than not I
was chasing the wrong guy. Grrr...  Can't blame that on the camera.
Grinnell has to have one of the most poorly lit fields I've come
across. ISO 3200, F4 and 1/200 was just about right. No flash last
night--I wasn't interested in keepers. I was trying to knock the rust
off of me.

AG