Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill

Subject: Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:05:32 +1200
I thought I had sorted the E-3 "problems" (actually, *my* problems) with the
E-3 until some closeup images with it really fell apart, and I was very much
relying on them for a project.

Then I discovered the mal-focus problem it has at close range, which was at
the heart of what was bothering me..

I hope to be in Christchurch early next week and will take/have it taken to
the agents for examination.

In the meantime, I plan to use my OM4T gear more. I recently bought an
auto-tube with 80/4 lens. I did buy complete ring-flash set from Skip
Williams a few years ago for a project which got put on hold through
domestic matters, and now is the time to start using it. I am aware of the
potential problem of flat lighting with the ring-flash unit, so I am looking at
another local Olympus flash set-up to augment that.  More later.

The person whose photos I hope to equal or better, used Minolta + three
lenses, and Fuji film. Surely I should be able to match them eleven years
later, especially given that I have access to digital manipulation of images
that was scarcely dreamed of in his day.

I'm sure I will use a mix of digital and Oly 35mm film, and maybe some
larger format in the mix as well.

Spring is well and truly on the way here, and I feel frustrated at domestic
considerations getting in the way of photo forays. Photos of the often
ephemeral flowers of trees are an essential part of what I plan to get, and
time is slipping by ....

I am also working on a satisfactory portable macro photography studio. One
I can take with me.

Brian Swale.