Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill

Subject: Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:14:32 -0700
Not wanting to insist there is any given max size, I'll repeat the old
mantra:
Compelling content trumps compelling technical details.

On my output side: my favorite local printer (Calypso) moved from San Jose
to Santa Cruz, then a year or so later went out of business. They
recommended West Coast Imaging. They provide recommended printing sizes
which indeed say that a 12MP image can give a top quality 16x20. Their chart
also says that they believe 35mm can give top quality 16x24.
http://www.westcoastimaging.com/wci/page/info/FAQ/faqprintlab.html

I personally like the 16x20 prints from my Mamiya 6x7 more than anything
I've got from my E-System or from 35mm. It's also likely that paying more
for the processing is part of that reason.

I like 16x20 prints. If I can carry a bigger camera and capture the images
I'm looking for, I probably will (but I think 5x7 is my max)

Jeff Keller

Hmmm ... but that Ritter 8x10 is only 6 1lbs and many of my lenses would
work on it