Re: [OM] ( OM ) Question for Dr Flash ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Question for Dr Flash ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:38:00 -0400
Do the trial and error work using your digital camera.  Establish your
standard distances and then translate the exposure information to your
film cameras.  Remember that your digital camera (an E-3?) has
considereably higher synch (1/180 IIRC) speed than an OM-1 (1/60).  When
doing your digital trial and error work be sure to adhere to the shutter
speed limitations of the OM-1.

Also remember my admonition of several days ago.  When you take a flash
picture there are always two exposures... one from the flash but also
one from the ambient light.  Be aware that the OM-1 at 1/60 second has a
very long minimum synch time.  When shooting in daylight this can be a
problem since 1/60 second in full daylight even at f/16 or f/22 is still
a significant ambient exposure.  Sometimes ND filters are required for
slow synch speeds.

When you get through with this calibration you may desire to abandon the
OM-1 and keep on with the E-3.  :-)

Dr. Flash