[OM] Naked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult

Subject: [OM] Naked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:43:14 -0500
Olympus officially introduces the new E-5. Essentially a warmed-over
E-30. Move along, people--nothing to see here.

On a personal note, I'm extremely disappointed with Olympus for two reasons:
1. After three years this is the best they could do?
2. Why didn't they do something like this with the E-1 in those four
years before the E-3 came out?

Olympus, you are a creative company that has proven through the years
to be the maverick in every industry you compete in. The E-5 is the
opposite of what the very fabric of this company is all about.

But not all is bad. At least Olympus finally put a decent LCD on it.
Way to step out!

(If I was in the market for a new Olympus DSLR, I'd automatically get
the E-5. It's the BEST E-3 we've seen so far).

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx