Re: [OM] A de-lurk and periodic update

Subject: Re: [OM] A de-lurk and periodic update
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:58:41 -0700 (PDT)

This is very interesting, Ian

I finally got a chance to look up the Bristol-Bath bike path on the map.  I
then got even more curiouser and looked at images from the web.

After seeing the images and your video, it just struck me how alike both bike
paths are in terms of size and lenght.

One thing I didnt understand tho...you guys were riding on the wrong side of
the road, how did you manage to avoid accidents that day...:)

Best

Boris

Re: [OM] A de-lurk and periodic update

From:
Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>

Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:41:28 +0100

On 14 September 2010 06:01, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Magical Tour looks like a great event--did you by any chance save the
> Bristol-Bath route in your GPS?

Nathan,

Er, no - didn't have a gps of any sort with me.  Besides, I'ts pretty
easy to find with Google maps - the Bristol end is at
51.456353,-2.573622 and the Bath end is at  51.385475,-2.400443, but
you can then continue down Brassmill lane and along the towpath into
the centre of Bath.

There's an video (edited to 11m 39s) of the ride, mostly taken from
the back of our leader's bike on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXfQ24Zndiw