Re: [OM] Naked gun, E-5, yadda yadda

Subject: Re: [OM] Naked gun, E-5, yadda yadda
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:44:14 -0500
Well said Jan...this is why I always try to buy used, and when possible, buy
broken and bring back to a useable state.  Used cars, used cameras, used
clothes (jackets and the like), used electronics...it's easy on my wallet
and easier on the environment.  I'm no green warrior, but I try to do my
part.

>With signs accumulating that the combined pressure of ~6,700,000,000 humans
is taking a heavy toll on >nearly all earth's life -- not to mention the
lives of future generations of humans -- I find I am increasingly >choosing
to enjoy what I have, rather than lust for more.
>Rather than trade in my entire system for the latest whiz-bang camera from
whomever is top of the heap >this week, I'm going to choose to learn more
about getting the most out of my E-3.
>Rather than rushing out and getting an E-5, I'm continuing to look for a
nice used 50-200 SWD at a >reasonable price, because it will supply a
capability I don't currently have.
>Rather than worry that someone, somewhere, has a better camera than mine,
I'm choosing to make the >most of what I've got.
>The pace is going to slow down soon, probably in the next few years.
Olympus is (as usual) just ahead of >their time. :-)