Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:26:40 -0500
Khen wrote about Olympus making two major misteps with FourThirds.
This third one is a full-blown face-plant.

Leica recovered from the M8's IR fiasco. Apple is recovering from
Antenna-Gate. Olympus probably won't from this. This mistep is a
public-relations disaster second only to BP's mishandling of the gulf
oil well blowout.

It's sad to say this, but Olympus will become a study point for MBA
students around the world.

On a personal note, I am greatly saddened by all this. As you know,
I've been a loyal Olympus "fanboy" to a fault. I have no intentions of
ever giving up on the OM gear, that's for sure, but as far as anything
digital?  When it comes time for me to buy my next camera(s), they'll
be compatible with my OM Zuikos, but the brandname won't say Olympus.
I've been abandoned twice. m43?  Not a chance. I won't be abandoned by
this company again. Once converted to Brand-X (I think it's pretty
easy to figure out which one that is going to be), there is no turning
back.

AG