Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:55:04 -0400
You're confusing ISO rating with dynamic range.  Not the same thing at
all.  Your rumor mill link only talks about a 1 stop ISO increase.  Easy
to do by turning up the amplifiers but it doesn't necessarily lead to
much improvement in output.  The images could be shot full of noise.

I think Olympus would do well to go back and do business with Kodak.
Kodak at least does not seem bent on competing in the 4/3 and larger
sensor size camera market.  I've always thought that for Olympus to do
business with much bigger and wealthier Panasonic was pretty dangerous
and basically a one sided proposition in favor of Panasonic.  Watch out
who you play with.

Chuck Norcutt