[OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:34:10 -0400
The actual statement was ambiguous on the rumor site:  "managed to
improve the High-ISO performance by 1 stop"
which I read as same noise at one higher stop higher ISO. "  We
shouldn't have to wait too long to find out.  I really like the
over-sized multi-aspect ratio sensor.  There was a rumor before that it
would have a global shutter--perhaps there is too much noise as the
sensor would run a bit hot as I understand it.

    I wish they had a very nice performing folded optics zoom and a few
more  nice fast primes--could be a very nice compact solution.  Not
really  pocketable as is so as Moose says "neither fish nor foul",  but
still looks appetizing.  This should get a long hard look.  I had
previously thought AG might   jump to a GH2  for some situations until
his more recent purchase.

I wonder if Mr. Fildes has been able to try it?  I hope he is back
soon.
Mike

"I won't argue with your definition of dynamic range but will simply
point out once more that your "source" never mentions dynamic range of
the sensor, only that it has a 1 stop higher ISO rating.  They are not
the same.

Chuck Norcutt"