Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:48:27 -0400
I just don't understand all this digital Canon and Leica talk.  Isn't
your bread and butter photography weddings and perhaps other events?  In
the heydays of film I don't recall wedding photogs using Leicas.
Hasselblads, Canons, Nikons and a few OMs, Pentaxes and Minoltas thrown
in for good measure... and big, honking flash units and room filling
studio strobes for the reception halls.  Not Leica territory at all.
Maybe your E-1 isn't going to do a 30x40 wall mural formal portrait of
the bride but it can undoubtedly do everything else... lots of 4x6s and
a few 8x10s.  Get a used Hassy or other larger format film camera to
take care of the exceptions.  Maybe you even have one already.

Having skipped the 5D Mk II I may eventually buy a 5D Mk III depending
on what its specs are.  But it won't be because I need it.  It'll only
be because I want it (and hope I can afford it at the time).

Chuck Norcutt