Re: [OM] aked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult

Subject: Re: [OM] aked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:21:45 -0700
  On 9/16/2010 11:02 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>> From: Jim Couch<zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>   On 9/15/2010 11:43 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>>> Rather than rushing out and getting an E-5, I'm continuing to look for a
>>> nice used 50-200 SWD at a reasonable price, because it will supply a
>>> capability I don't currently have.
>> I elected to get the non-SWD version. Price was right, and it serves me
>> well.  For me I don't use telephotos enough to justify the extra cost of
>> the SWD and the performance of the non-SWD has never been an issue.
> Good to know, Jim.
>
> I'm interested in a bird lens. So I figure the SWD is future "envy
> protection" so I won't keep thinking, "Would this have been a better photo
> with SWD?"
>
> I typically buy the best I can afford, and don't look back.
>
> > From what I've seen, the price difference is only a couple hundred bux,
> > worth many years of "what if's."

I don't do much birding, and even less birds in flight, so that probably
is something to keep in mind. Also I found a used one at a good price
which made it more than a couple hundred bucks difference as well. Mine
has worked well for the little bit of birding i have done and for cycle
race photography which i have done a bit more of.

Jim Couch