Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:33:41 -0500
> I not fully agree with you because if you process Panasonic images with
> SilkyPIX because panasonic hasn´t got any own RAW Software you get a
> complety different color rendition. On the other hand if you load an Olympus
> RAW image in Olympus Viewer 2, you get consistent results according to JPGs
> outputted form the camera...

I have multiple raw converters and am currently testing Lightroom 3.2.
In shooting the same subject with three different digital cameras
there is absolutely no consistancy between shots from any two cameras
or any one camera through two different converters.

Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed with the image-quality I'm getting
from Lightroom with the new raw converter. Even the old version isn't
as good as I'm getting from other solutions. Evidently, Lightroom is
great on Canon and Nikon files, but the patterns in the highlights and
texture is way different than what I'm used to with either Studio
(E-1), RSE (A1) or Silkpix (L1). Unfortunately, that means I have to
fight all three.

For much of my work, I am shooting in-camera JPEGs. I've spent a ton
of time perfecting my settings to get the cameras to match under
daylight and flash lighting. Once you get into artificial lights,
there is no matching. Each sensor has different response
characteristics in the blue-channel which completely alter the
image-color. You can get the midtones to WB and something else steps
out of line.

I'll not be buying this latest version of Lightroom as it really does
send my image-quality downward and not by a small amount.

AG