Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:49:39 -0400
Perhaps I should clarify on raw processing.  First of all, while I shoot
almost exclusively in raw, I don't necessarily touch every image in post
processing except for conversion.

If you shoot raw and take care with your exposures you should be able to
bulk convert your 1,000 images with the raw conversion proceeding
exactly according to the settings of the camera.  In other words, you
should get the same JPEG that you'd have gotten shooting JPEG.  But, out
of 1,000 images I know that (for me at least) there are going to be
about 30% that I'm just going to throw away for one or more of several
reasons.  Some will be fine as is and another group will have some form
of exposure, contrast or color balance problem.  Those are the ones I'll
rerun through manual raw conversion so I can tweak them to my liking.
But if I didn't shoot them in raw to begin with I wouldn't have the
chance to do that.

Chuck Norcutt