Re: [OM] Linux/PhotoShop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux/PhotoShop question
From: manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:45:07 +0200
Le dimanche 19 septembre 2010 16:07:03, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :
> Thanks.  I'm on CS3 and about to move to CS5.  Your comments on GIMP are
> surprising since it was my understanding that GIMP has no support for
> layers.  I used to use Picture Window Pro (and still do occasionally for
> some things) but once I got used to PS layers there was no going back.

* Gimp has layers, but no 'adjustment layers'.
* Gimp is 8 bits only at the moment.
* Krita (another linux software) has both layers, adjustment layers, color
profiles and can work on 16 bits images.
* Digikam is also a good photographic application, full 16bits and color
managed, close to LR.

Have fun !

--
Manuel Viet