[OM] Time synch - was RE: Linux/PhotoShop question

Subject: [OM] Time synch - was RE: Linux/PhotoShop question
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:42:48 -0700
I've had to deal with syncing databases between a couple computers since
before XP. Microsoft has had built in time synchronization which can be
configured by the user since XP Pro (default is once per week).

I noticed back with XP that the freeware time synch apps were no longer
updated. An internet search lead to how to change windows settings.  ...
with Win7: control panel, system and security, administrative tools, task
scheduler, drill down through the library to get to time sync, then
properties. Previously I changed the time server but I didn't see any
advantage (perhaps US results only) so haven't even tried that with Win7.

US time servers may block you if you do it multiple times per day ... don't
how they identify the computer asking for the time update.

Jeff Keller