Re: [OM] why can't Oly do this:

Subject: Re: [OM] why can't Oly do this:
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:36:08 +0100
By my reading, Dawid, you still don't have it right. The VF is optical, with
the option of overlaying the shooting data. The live view image is available
on the rear LCD screen. In other words, the hybrid VF does not give a live
view image.

Take a look at Fujifilm's promo material:
http://finepix.com/x100/en/pack/pdf/x100_English_0906.pdf

Link courtesy of Richard Man, late of this list, posted on another list.

An interesting offering - from my experience the EXR imaging engine can give
very pleasing results, and the optical VF would overcome the serious
shortcoming of the EXR compacts. I wonder what the shutter-lag will be like?

Piers