Re: [OM] Fuji finepix x100

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji finepix x100
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:27:48 +0200
My secret hope is that Cosina has secretly partnered with Fuji for
their digital technology,
and has co-developed this body with Fuji as "practice" for developing
their own Micro 4/3
body.

Cosina has a long history of slowly and incrementally building up to
the technology to produce
a certain product. For example, it's fascinating to trace the lineage
of something like the
Zeiss Ikon (ZM) rangefinder camera that they produce: They have
produced a line of rangefinder
cameras, ever so slowly incorporating the technology
and techniques they needed. (for example, starting with the Bessa T
which has a separate rangefinder
and viewfinder and a rather crude - but not bad - shutter. They
eventually produced the Zeiss, which,
though no Leica, is a pretty damn fine camera by all accounts)

If cosina pulls this off, they could pose a serious threat to both
Leica and/or Olympus in the
space of compact, high-end cameras. And they have historially had a
line of darn fine and
interesting (extreme) lenses to boot.

I am pretty sure that Ag Schnozz secretly harbours these exact same
hopes - Ken, I'm
with you man! We'll get our spiritual "Olympus of old" in the digital
world yet.

Dawid