Re: [OM] Fuji finepix x100

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji finepix x100
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:15:33 -0700 (PDT)
Pretty....

Useless.

Why, why?

I am the first to admit that almost bought an EP-1, because of its looks....but
then came down to my senses.  Not because it is a bad camera, but I wont have
much use of it.  It is mostly to show off and doing some street photography.

I also admit that the Fuji makes the EP-1 look like an ugly duckling.  No way
that one wouldnt fall in love with its looks, but...thats about it.  What are
you going to do with a fixed focal length camera?  And dont let me get started
on the stupid peephole...it does not make any sense to have greater resolution
than the LCD, which especially if articulated, makes you very, very concealed
on the street...

Collectable model.  Good for the showcase at home and the occasional gathering
with friends at which you explain that believe it or not, the camera actually
takes pictures, but thats about it.

Best

Boris

P.S.  I guess I shoud put back down on the drawing board the OM Digital...yes
it comes with an articulated LCD and weather sealing...:)