Re: [OM] No on caught my stupid error, was: GH2 specs! wow!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] No on caught my stupid error, was: GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:03:38 +0100
Pedanticism?? Pedantry, please.

And while on that topic, there no need to apologise to Johan for the English
"wh", since it has Scandinavian roots, although as "hv".  That spelling must
have been considered unattractive by our English forebears, but if you listen
carefully to an elderly English lady with suitably ladylike pronunciation, you
should hear that the changed spelling is not yet reflected in the spoken word.
It helps to have a hand in front of the mouth to feel that the "h" precedes the
"w".

Piers