Re: [OM] Update on the Buick story, was: No one caught my stupid error,

Subject: Re: [OM] Update on the Buick story, was: No one caught my stupid error, was: GH2 specs! wow!!!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:17:31 -0400
> Hi Chuck,
>
> I guess you pointed out to me a problem that I had not considered.  I drove a
> couple of small front-wheel drive vehicles in the early 80s, and never gave a
> thought to rear wheel alignment.

Many front wheel drive vehicles, perhaps especially early ones, simply have a
bar/axle with the wheel hubs mounted on
the ends. No wheel alignment adjustment needed, or indeed possible, on most.
I've known at least three, maybe more.

It's when they start saving the space the axle requires for moving up and down
and/or looking for more sophisticated
handling that separate suspensions systems for each side appear and alignment
is needed.

Moose