Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:36:49 -0400
My point was that there's more to an image than megapixels. Or, as some wag
might say, it ain't the size of the liner, but the motion of the ocean. <g>
I've never used an E-3 because I bailed on Olympus before it ever made it out.
But I did use, and still retain, a number of E-510 images. As I recall, the 510
was an early E-3 Light. It's a good camera, and put out a good image, but when
it comes to noise and Dmax and some of that other stuff, it's not even close.
That said, I put some rather stringent demands on my gear. A more casual user
unconcerned about gallery-quality prints and such might (correctly) not see the
point in all that extra cash for firepower that isn't useful.

As I've said, if I wanted to max out today rather than when I did, and if I'd
ever amassed some really first class Oly glass, I'd switch to Canon in a
heartbeat. There's nothing wrong with Canon gear, and from what I've read here,
it matches up with Oly glass very nicely.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com