Re: [OM] Talk about a Fang!

Subject: Re: [OM] Talk about a Fang!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:52:20 -0700
> From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
>
> In a message dated 9/20/2010 8:09:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> you can  actually call someone at Revenue Canada on the phone and they are
>> polite and  helpful -- unlike the Gestapo treatment you get from the  IRS.
>
> And I'd bet there is a pretty good chance they will give you the correct
> answer.

And get this -- they have REAL NAMES (how many times have I talked to "Mrs.
Smith" or Mr. Brown" at the IRS, who acknowledges fake names "for the
protection of their employees.") and the STAND BY THEIR ADVICE (you can follow
IRS droid advice to the letter, and still have it denied in an audit -- voice
of experience here).

Is it any wonder I'm de-motivated to catch-up?

Hobbit: Hobbits are an unobtrusive but very ancient people, more numerous
formerly than they are today; for they love peace and quiet and good tilled
earth: a well-ordered and well-farmed countryside was their favourite haunt.
They do not and did not understand or like machines more complicated than a
forge-bellows, a water-mill, or a handloom, although they were skillful with
tools. Even in ancient days they were, as a rule, shy of "the Big Folk," as
they call us, and now they avoid us with dismay and are becoming hard to find.