Re: [OM] Twilight Zone Moment (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Twilight Zone Moment (OT)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:38:37 +1200
Bob wrote,

> She said that several years ago, she had an exceptionally vivid dream that
> awakened her in the middle of the night and drove her to make a drawing, a
> skill, she says, she does not possess in any appreciable measure. She then
> went on to say that a year later, she was in the shop, flipping through a
> rack of my photos, when she came across one that matched her dream, and
> her drawing, _exactly_. She bought it, took it home, and has it framed in
> her living room where it reminds her of one of those moments some folks
> have from time to time when some sort of connection happens that cannot be
> explained by Newtonian/Cartesian views of the universe.
and

> The image came to her in a dream, was vivid enough for her to attempt to
> draw it, and a year later she found an exact match, right down to all the
> telephone wires, in a shop on the Midcoast of Maine.
>
> This is the intro page on my site for the Winter gallery. It is the image
> she saw in her dream.

As far as I know, this kind of thing DOES happen. The author with
knowledge of the most of such instances who I have encountered is
Laurens van der Post. Many of these involve the Praying Mantis of Southern
Africa, but here is another one ... I'd extract it from his book, but it's too
awkward to dig it out right now. I think the book is "Jung and the story of our
Time". He was a close friend of the psychologist Carl Jung, who lived on the
shores of a lake in either Switzerland or Austria - I forget which.

Once, he paid a visit to Jung, then said his farewells, and went on his
journey back to South Africa. This involved an ocean voyage down the east
coast of Africa. During that phase of his return trip, sometime after midnight,

he had a vivid dream about Jung; Jung was farewelling him, and telling van
der Post that he was about to journey across the lake beside his home, to
the mountains he saw every day through his windows. The dream was so
strong that it woke van der Post, who had some difficulty in getting back to
sleep again.
I forget the next detail, but either telegraphic news came through, or he
found it on disembarking at the end of the voyage, BUT, Jung had died at
the precise time that van der Post was awakened.

My partner is psychic sometimes - it could be scarey if I let it be so; when I
am hundreds of Km away from home, she knows exactly when I am
available for a phone call. Time after time this has happened. Walk in the
room, and the phone rings ...

Brian Swale.