Re: [OM] ( OM) OT Volvo made where??

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) OT Volvo made where??
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:04:36 +1000 (EST)
Hi Frank,

> First, the article title has a question mark. Second, it is about the sale,
> not about the plants.

I, as I'm sure many do, didnt follow the link to read though in my
defence I will give the time of night :-)

Personally though I put a small measure of what influences me to
buy something made in China unless I have more information on
factory etc. As with many markets, China makes some real top notch
stuff, they also make some real junk, just look at the camera market.

What does and probably would influence me more would be the
design of future Volvo's. After my 264 I looked at then current models
and thought I would never buy another Volvo, then the 850 was released.

Currently I think the same, when its time to replace my current car
I tend to think I'll buy a Ford but you never know.

The main reason I've had Volvo's in the past were there offroad
handling and comfort, it was either that or a Toyota trayback.

A calf fits well in the back of a Volvo, as do mining exploration
sample bags, orphaned joeys, and even large TV's.

Cheers
Ian Manners