Re: [OM] E-5: Digging in the menus, a few thoughts - Now film and/or dig

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5: Digging in the menus, a few thoughts - Now film and/or digital.
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:16:28 +1000 (EST)
Hi Ken,

> Those who say "it's just a tool" just doesn't get it. My computer at work is
> "just a tool", my shoes are "just shoes".

shoes are never "just shoes", they become attachments that are
one with your body, protecting and bringing comfort. A good
pair of shoes can bring as much sadness as saying goodbye
to a much loved pet, though I would have to admit I've never
had a pair of shoes last as long as our 31 year old cat did,
(I will add that the longer you have something, the harder it
is to say good bye to it).

My daughters picked these out for me back in 1996, I figured
I had to retire them in 2008 when someone gave me some money
for food. I've also been told I'm nolonger allowed to wear my
favourite jumper outside the fence line, and the holy jeans will
be burnt if I'm ever again seen wearing them. Women !

Must have something to do with being born and bought up in
a mining town.

<http://www.comkal.net/www/Trade_in.jpg>

It takes time to wear in good shoes, they are important, so if shoes
are just shoes to you, you need to go get yourself some REAL
shoes :-)

Cheers
Ian Manners