Re: [OM] Oly confirms it

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly confirms it
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 08:05:27 -0400
I wholeheartedly agree with that and have thought that true ever since I
bought my Mynolta A1 about 5 or 6 years ago.  The EVF has such dramatic
advantages over an optical viewfinder that it had to happen.  What was
lacking was a really excellent quality EVF.  I haven't seen any of the
current EVFs but, from the reports I read, they must be at or near the
required image quality to replace the optical viewfinder.

I also think that the cost pressures against the Sony A55 beam splitter
technology (that allows phase detect autofocus with an EVF) will
continue to press for advances in contrast detect autofocus.

Chuck Norcutt