[OM] More Memory (OT)

Subject: [OM] More Memory (OT)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:22:07 -0400
Okay, so I'm running an early Mac Pro with 2, 3gig Intel dual-core Xenon
processors, 4 gigs of ram, 500mb hard drive on Snow Leopard. The video card is
a relatively new ATY,RadeonX1900. But the 'puter seems to be feeling a bit
infirm, at least when futzing around with layered CS4 files. I'm wondering if
another 8 gigs of ram would significantly speed things up. Frankly, I'm not in
the mood right now to buy another computer. When I got this one I couldn't
imagine how I'd ever need any more than a dual-core 3 gig machine. Phew! Also
thinking of a RAID array to maybe make it faster, but if more ram won't help, I
may have to go ahead and bite the bullet for more firepower.

Any thoughts from the engineer types greatly appreciated.

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bobwhitmire.com