Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:58:53 -0700
Having a second drive for scratch is always a *very* good idea. whether X
amount of dollars are better off towards more ram or a scratch, I can’t say,
but life in Final Cut got a lot better when I added 2 more 500gb drives,
striped, for capture scratch. Used to be a single 500g for scratch. Pretty much
an identical machine (Gen 1 Mac Pro, 2.66Ghz dual x2, 4gb ram, 500gb hard
drive),

/s