Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:51:22 +0800
Agreed, in the old days we were talking about 3-5 times of free RAM for PS,
it is only 1GB for editing a 200MB file.

PS uses file cache to store the editing history, for large file it can
easily goes over 2GB. I use RAMDISK for file cache function, it is MUCH
faster than hard disk or even SSD.

For the display card, as far as I know it pay no part in speed up the
editing function. It only affect the zoom and scroll of image IF you enable
the OpenGL Drawing function.

I only have 4GB RAM on an old 2.5GHz C2D machine, I don't feel it slow in
editing the 16 bit 5D II images.

C.H.Ling