Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] More Memory (OT)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:08:15 -0400
Thanx for all the help on the slow computer questions. I think answer 1 is more
memory. Answer 2, after exploring the system, is a better scratch system. I've
been using a second hard drive, but it's also got backup stuff on it, and
there's only 22 gigs of free space left. I suspect CS4 is having to access a
1.5 TB external drive for scratch when I work on those large layered files.
Answer 3 will be a new video card, if there's any money left over after 1 & 2.
<g>

Looks like I can get out of this for a lot less than the price of a new
computer, though I did notice somewhere, including B&H, that Mac Pros are being
configured and offered as strictly photo processing machines, and they don't
have nearly the firepower you might think you're going to need.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com