Re: [OM] external hard drives

Subject: Re: [OM] external hard drives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:15:14 -0400
Moose and I both use and recommend Thermaltake BlacX drive docs.  They
accept (as drop ins) either 2-1/2" or 3-1/2" SATA drives and support
eSATA or USB 2.0 connections to the PC.  Recommended
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153071&cm_re=drive_dock-_-17-153-071-_-Product>

But it now appears that NewEgg has their own Rozewill brand version.
Externally and by function it appears to be the same box at a savings of
a few bucks.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182197&cm_re=drive_dock-_-17-182-197-_-Product>

Some versions are also available as SATA internally but only USB 2.0
externally.  Saves a few more bucks but much less performance.

Chuck Norcutt