Re: [OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up summer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: butterflies, flowers, and other images to wrap up summer
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:32:33 -0500
> The only military service Lincoln was
> involved in (as a soldier!) was a skirmish in Iowa against Black Hawk,
> and Iowans went and named a county after him.  Black Hawk I mean, not
> Lincoln.

Lincoln is located in Tama County. (another indian name). It used to
be named Berlin prior to 1920. Also, the Lincoln Highway runs right
through Iowa.

But I live in Poweshiek County. The county seat is Montezuma. Iowa
place names aren't always boring, like Ricketts or Ute. But don't plan
on skiing Vail, getting mugged in Brooklyn, shooting birds in Audubon,
speak Aussie in Sidney, Spannish in Peru, or Arabic in Persia.

AG