Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:53:30 -0400
I forgot to mention that umbrella adapters are designed to mount on
light stands which have a 5/8" diameter stud on top.  Like studio
lights, the adapter slips over the stud and locks with a set screw. If
you use a tripod instead of a light stand you need an adapter stud with
a tripod screw in one end.  Like this
<http://cgi.ebay.com/1-4-3-8-Light-Umbrella-Flash-Bracket-Screw-Adapter-/160456076394?pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item255bed6c6a>
This is a cheap aluminum one.  Better quality brass ones are also available.

But the best deal may be a package with light stand, umbrella and
adapter such as this one which does have a shoot through umbrella.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Flash-Holder-Light-Stand-Mount-Umbrella-D6B-/260559728677?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caa91f025>

Chuck Norcutt