Re: [OM] Lensbaby fot MfT

Subject: Re: [OM] Lensbaby fot MfT
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:56:24 +0100
Couldn't agree with you more, Chris - which isn't to say that there are not
plenty of examples of words which have lost their meaning.  One that sticks
in my mind is "random", which currently seems to be used (inappropriately)
in all manner of non-statistical contexts. Another is "iconic", which seems
to be used to justify any news item about anything of popular interest
(which almost by definition excludes icons).

Piers