Re: [OM] (OM) OT Dimage A1

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Dimage A1
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:06:01 +0100
In Playback mode, press the Menu button, then proceed as described on p.119
of the manual to delete files:

Single, multiple, or all images in a folder can be deleted with the
playback-mode menu. Before an image is deleted, a confirmation screen will
appear; choosing "Yes" will execute the operation, "No" will cancel the
operation. To delete images in other folders, the folder must first be
selected with the view-folder option in section 1 of the playback menu (p.
116) or the select-folder option in section 2 of the setup menu (p. 137).
The delete option has three settings:
This frame - The image displayed or highlighted in playback mode will be
deleted.
All frames - All unlocked images in the selected folder will be deleted.
Marked frames - To delete multiple images. When this setting is chosen, the
frame-selection screen will be displayed. Use the left/right keys of the
controller to highlight the first image to be deleted. Pressing the up key
will mark the thumbnail with the delete indicator. To deselect an image for
deletion, highlight it with the yellow border and press the down key; the
delete indicator will disappear. Continue until all the images to be deleted
are marked. Press the controller to continue (the confirmation screen will
appear), or press the menu button to cancel the operation and return to the
playback menu. On the confirmation screen, highlighting and entering "Yes"
will delete the marked images. The delete function will only erase unlocked
images. If an image is locked, it must be unlocked before it can be deleted.

OR proceed as described on p.120 of the manual to format the card (and thus
delete all files):

The formatting function is used to erase all data on a memory card. Before
formatting a card, copy the data to a computer or storage device. Locking
files will not protect them from being deleted when the card is formatted.
Always format the memory card using the camera; never use a computer to
format a card.
When the format option is selected and entered, a confirmation screen will
appear. Choosing "Yes" will format the card, choosing "No" will cancel the
formatting operation. never remove the card while it is being formatted. A
screen will appear to indicate the card has been formatted; press the
central button of the controller to return to the playback menu.
Although it is recommended to format a CompactFlash card with the camera, a
card can be formatted with a computer. The card must be formatted on a
Windows system using a FAT or FAT32 file system.

Piers