Re: [OM] Longevity of computing devices, was More Memory (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Longevity of computing devices, was More Memory (OT)
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 02:02:21 +1000 (EST)
Me <http://www.comkal.net/>
and <http://www.os2site.com/>

Personally I rotate computers about every 4-5 years
but then I use OS/2 and AIX, my wife uses Mac's.

My computers then end up in my museum that includes
my first PC, a DEC Rainbow 100B with a 5Mb harddisk
and 996K or RAM (modded with a V20 as well as color
graphics etc).

My outward facing server is OS/2 based because I'm lazy,
which means I do things so I can set and forget, at least unless
a problem occurs (called real life ;-))

<http://www.os2site.com/pages/techinfo.html>

Apart from my collections of HP's IBM's, and Apples,
I roll my own to suit.

Cheers
Ian Manners
"That particular mistake will not be repeated.  There are plenty of mistakes
left that have not yet been used."   -- Andy Tanenbaum (ast@xxxxxxxx)