[OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere

Subject: [OM] Brain Cramp that won't go anywhere
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:25:28 -0500
I was sorting through and filing some brain cramps to make room for new
ones. While at it, there was one that jumped out as an awesome idea, but
won't go anywhere at all. One of those "nice in theory" ideas which won't
even generate a skid mark.

Here goes:

Bill Barber and I would put on a photo "workshop", ie., a hosted fishing
trip for photography guys, in some exotic location like the Smokey
Mountains, Colorado, New Mexico or what not. I'd say Isle Royale, but some
places aren't friendly to the mobility-limited among us.

But what is unique about this one is that it's OM only. Absolutely no
digital allowed and no other brand allowed. Between the two of us we'd have
enough cameras and lenses to take care of anybody lacking gear. Also unique,
this would be B&W only. We'd have the stuff to develop and contact print
everything every night.

Of course, we could just do it at Bill's new house. It's big enough for most
of us and he's got a killer darkroom. Other than the snakes and other biting
vermin, I hear that Texas is reasonably photogenic...

Anyway, like most cramps, this one makes its presence known and then poof,
it's gone.

There. Room for a new brain cramp. Wasn't that easy?

AG