[OM] Card(s) download Q --Paging Dr. C.F. Card

Subject: [OM] Card(s) download Q --Paging Dr. C.F. Card
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 00:04:47 -0400
Dr. (not very Compact) Flash writes:
"If that's what you want you're probably SOL unless you have a very
sophisticated download tool with a network connection between machines.
  Although you think it would be perfectly logical for the download
software to somehow mark the files that have already been downloaded...
it ain't.  There is no provision within the FAT system file structure
or
file attributes to do that.  Wasn't part of the 1980 design criteria.
:-)

That doesn't prevent an app from creating a separate file as a log file
for that sort of information but there is no standard that would allow
it to be interpreted by any other download software."

Thanks for thinking about this. Your restatement of the question was
spot on and clearer than my
quickly drafted post.  I did not like the answer of SOL, but am
grateful for it.  I do see a glinter of hope in your answer, however,
that if I use the same utility to download the monster card, if may
recognize from some log file that some were already transfered.
Some duplication is no disaster and I can root out the majority of the
duplicates, but the images  are stored by trip or project from a number
of sources
and would be a pain  find.  Perhaps the Canyon utility is set up  with
a log file.  Guess only one way to find out.  I could try just
transferring to the old PC then move them, but it is rickety
with an already constipated HD.  So much for trying to save time.

Thanks again, Dr. CF.

Mike