Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 02:48:17 +1300
I am in the middle of going about setting up gear to do similar photography
to what Olaf is setting out to do, and have gone down a parallel road.

So all the recent advice re  flash photography has been really useful to me
as well, since I was about to start thinking it all through on my own..

When I get my set-up working I'll tell you about it.

I'm somewhat hampered by shortage of working space (and I'm not even as
cramped for space as what Olafo probably is ( I've been in Dutch houses
having been married to a Dutch woman once)), as well as having multiple
domestic distractions.

The only physical item I'm looking for at the moment is a Zuiko 135/4.5 that I
can afford. I missed one on the bay recently because the timing didn't suit
my cash flow. There are a couple there right now that are priced beyond
what I'm prepared to pay.

Having a large mortgage to pay, as part of the process of setting things up
our lives here does not help; we are trying to sell my partner's house and
rural property but the real estate market is in quite a downturn at the
moment. So this state is likely to persist for a while yet.

Brian Swale.